Basecamp Gantt Chart Plugin
Basecamp is a very popular widespread tool used in project management. It is used by thousands of people and businesses.
No wonder: it allows users to do many useful things right inside one tool. To put it shortly, it helps people to work all together in one place without switching to other tools.
But lots of project managers ask one simple question.
Does Basecamp have Gantt charts?
The thing is that it is not based on a classical Gantt chart approach that is considered to be a common project management method.
Let’s figure out what this crucial player in the project management market offers and what Basecamp Gantt chart plugin exists.
Here a user has the following tools:
- To-dos to track activities. Here all the work is organized;
- Message Board to make announcements. This is where all conversation happens, all in one place;
- Campfire to quickly chat with project members. Do you have a short question, but do not know whom to address? Go here and get an instant answer;
- Schedule to mark deadlines and milestones;
- Docs and Files for sharing necessary for work documents and notes;
- Automatic Check-ins to get information from project members. Once scheduled, it runs forever.
Basecamp Gantt chart
If you are used to working in Basecamp to manage your plans, Gantt charts can significantly ease your work processes. They will help to track all tasks progress, meet deadlines and in general, get a great understanding where all the plans are moving. However, as I’ve stated at the beginning of the text, there is no Gantt chart in Basecamp by default.
What way-out can a user find? This is similar to the situation with a popular JIRA tool where users can find Gantt chart JIRA plugins. There is a simple solution for all those who manage plans in Basecamp, but want to work with a Gantt chart as well. It is an integrated solution called Ganttify.
Find this integration solution on the Ganttify page.
The first advantage, of course, is the integration itself. It is definitely a plus. As there is no Gantt chart in Basecamp, this is the only solution in the market.
Users are free to work in the applications in the way they’d like to. Everything is synchronized automatically. To put it shortly, all the work is organized in three simple steps.
Firstly, users need to connect integrations.
Secondly, select the projects they need to manage within the integration.
Thirdly, data from Basecamp will be converted without your efforts.
Then, you easily work with your Gantt chart. Flexible timeline, task dependencies, milestones, detailed information about each task are always at hand. This Basecamp Gantt chart also offers pretty good features like export to PDF or image, sharing, and zoom.
The service is well-designed and easy to use.
To tell the truth, this is a rather good working solution where it is not easy to find a drawback.
Ganttify offers three pricing plans.
- Individual: $5.99 per month.
- Small team: $29 per month up to 10 team members.
- Large team: $49 per month, unlimited team members.
Also, there is a 14-day free trial.
Proffesional Gantt chart software
Basecamp is great. However, if you need a robust Gantt chart solution, choose one purely based on this diagram.
GanttPRO is online Gantt chart software that helps individuals and teams manage tasks and projects. The tool has a short learning curve and offers an intuitive interface. A few minutes – and your whole team is in.
With GanttPRO, you can:
- Create and assign tasks, set dates for them.
- Manage tasks: set statuses, priorities, duration, estimation, create Work breakdown structure, and work with other crucial features.
- Organize team collaboration: describe tasks, comment them, make attachments, and mention team members.
- Work with deadlines.
- Work with milestones and dependencies.
- Log and track time on tasks.
- Track progress.
- Manage resources and their workload.
- Work with baselines.
- Export your plan to popular formats.
- Share your plan with third parties.
Wrapping it up
If you want to work with your team in an efficient project management system where collaboration, calendars, and other useful things are widely presented, Basecamp is a great choice. You only need to remember that it doesn’t have a Gantt chart.
So, if there is a need in a Gantt chart in Basecamp, Ganttify will be a good choice. This Basecamp Gantt chart plugin offers basic and even slightly richer functionality.
But if there is a need in a more professional Gantt chart service, learn all the possibilities that GanttPRO online project management tool offers its users.