Meet GanttPRO: Project Management Plan With Gantt Charts
When the time comes to start working on a project management plan, companies have to be sure that things will happen the way they supposed to: a team will perform at high efficiency, all project management plan deadlines will be met, all tasks from a project management timelines will be completed correctly, and project management trends will be implemented. Sounds as sweet as a daydream. How does such a plan work in a reality? Inside out!
Nevertheless, there is a decision. A project management Gantt chart is an easy way of organizing a great number of tasks and creating a comprehensive project plan in minutes. Nowadays, project management Gantt charts became a beloved habit of highly effective and enthusiastic project management teams that brings greater results and lets companies save their valuable time and avoid any confusions that may appear when creating a project management plan .
Project Management Gantt Chart That Meets Your Needs
GanttPRO is easy-to-use free project management online software that helps companies plan, organize and manage different kinds of projects. Developing this application we’ve focused on all the crucial elements of classic Gantt charts adding features you always wanted to see as users of other tools that allow creating project management Gantt charts (drag-and-drop, easy sharing, export possibilities, project management tasks, a project management schedule template, etc.).
Who’ll Find Gantt Chart Project Management Advantageous?
- Project Managers / Software Development Companies
- Event Agencies
- Creative / Design Agencies
- Construction Companies
- Education services / Universities
- Any business that strives to plan and communicate better on projects. Well, there are no borders!
What About Benefits of Creating a Project Management Plan with Gantt charts?
- Easy-to-use priority-based scheduling of project management tasks and other activities on a Gantt chart.
- Gantt chart participants assignment: it is fast to build a project management plan and assign tasks to project team members and manage resources right on a project management plan
- Limited or unlimited project management rights: giving team members and clients the right to edit / to view project management charts will help to avoid any accidental changes at your project plan.
- Progress baseline on a project management plan: decision-makers will always be fully informed of projects’ today’s status.
- Projects management plan time tracking: managers can track activities by various time periods (weeks/days/hours).
- Elements drag and drop on a Gantt chart: participants can easily prioritize tasks or even shift to other projects in one move.
- Filter and search: it is easy to find project management tasks that are needed by advanced criteria and search project items by name.
- Sharing your project management plan: it’s fast to share graphics using links or sending them via e-mail.
- Export your project management timeline: PDF, Image, Excel or iCal. Could it be more convenient to include graphs in a presentation or report?
The Applied Technologies and Frameworks In Our Free Online Project Management Tools
- DHTMLX Gantt
The Gantt chart Project Management System Components
1. Creating a Simple Project Management Plan
Any user who wants to try GanttPRO Gantt chart project management software and check how it works can register for free using email or Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+ profile in several clicks. Once the user is logged in, our free project management software will offer to set the first project and choose a template to work with. On this page users are encouraged to make all necessary project management plan improvements: Add new tasks to a plan, Add and assign team members, Set start/end time and duration of tasks from your project management plan, and Set dependencies.
1.1 Adding New Tasks to a Project Management Plan
To create a new project management task click on “Add new” on the bottom left of the page; this action will add a new item to a project management plan that won’t have any relations with existing ones. Though almost every project has a long chain of project management tasks, each of which has a particular number of steps that sometimes are really hard to control on a single project management plan. The easiest way to avoid confusion on your project management plan is to use sub-tasking: click on “+” sign to create a new sub-task.
While creating a project management schedule template and organizing parent and sub tasks on a plan, you can always change their descriptions, types, assignees, and deadlines for them.
1.2 Adding Team Members to Project Management Charts
Your team, its motivation, and enthusiasm is a key to the high efficiency of your company. An aim of GanttPRO Gantt chart project management software is to make the process of organizing team members on a Gantt chart as easy and clear as possible. Click on “People” on the bottom left of the page to add your collaborates to the project. You can assign tasks as soon as your team members will be added.
1.3 Start/End Time and Duration of The Tasks on the Project Management Plan
There are several ways to set and change start/end time and duration of the Gantt chart tasks: to set it while creating a new one, or you can simply drag-and-drop and resize bars right on the project management plan to make any duration changes.
1.4 Setting Dependencies and Percentage of Completion on the Project Management Timeline
Almost every project management task on a plan has strong connections with others. Use an intuitive drag-and-drop interface to manage dependencies, and set the percentage of completion right on the chart. The view of these Gantt chart elements can be adjusted based on your needs.
2. Settings and Zooming Features of the Project Management Charts
You can work as an admin on a project management plan, setting up names of your project management Gantt charts, choosing Gantt chart theme (Terrace, Skyblue, Meadow or Broadway), a project management schedule template and viewing option. To be fully informed of Gantt chart project status and progress you can use plan zooming feature: track project management plan activities and items by various time periods (weeks, days or hours) and change duration step. Click on “Show Critical Path” and you will see the critical path of the project management plan. It determines the shortest time that the project plan can be completed.
3. Free Online Project Management Tools: Plan Filtering
Use the button “Filter” on the bottom right or the Gantt chart to find items you need easily by filtering project management tasks by advanced criteria and searching Gantt chart project elements by name.
4. Free Online Project Management Tools: Sharing and Exporting
After project management charts are created, you can share them with your clients and colleagues using links or send them via e-mail. Give the right to edit a project management plan/ to view your plan to avoid any accidental changes that can appear.
A project management Gantt chart is always the most demonstrative part of every presentation or report that concern company’s efficiency and achievements. Easily export your project management plans to PDF, Image, Excel or iCal to include them in your multimedia documents.
Leave your project management to GanttPRO – Gantt chart software, there are loads of other things and project management trends you can focus on!